What is your favorite embossing folder? This card gave me an opportunity to look at my four new embossing folders and compare them with the Subtle embossing folder I bought in 2018. The video also shows how to use the standard embossing folders (like the Greenery one), the Stampin’ Up! 3D embossing folders, and the “Dynamic” embossing folders we used to sell.
- The 3D embossing folders are thicker than the standard folders and give a much deeper impression.
- My Subtle Dynamic folder is thicker than the 3D ones.
- Both the 3D and Dynamic folders give the same deep impression, but with less thickness.
- If you buy a Subtle embossing folder today, it will be a 3D folder.
- Each uses a different “sandwich.”
- Standard folders have the card stock in the folder and the folder between 2 clear plates.
- 3D folders use only one plate but it’s tricky at this moment in time.
- If you have the retired blue 3D Embossing Folder Plate, place the card stock in the folder. Put the folder on the platform. Cover the folder with the blue plate.
- If you do not have the blue plate, you will need to use one clear plate on top of the folder and then add shims to make up the thickness. The shims can be card stock or thin cardboard. Experiment with your machine to see how many layers work best for you.
- The new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine will come with the appropriate plates and instructions. It will be arriving soon!
The layout is roughly based on a new trend that puts scraps together to make a beautiful background. You know, like quilting used to be a way to make a blanket out of scraps from sewing or the good parts from worn clothing. But like a modern quilter, I cut up a perfectly good piece of card stock to make this scrappy strips card. I use the new Stitched Triangle Dies for the new angle. And this card shows off not only the angled strips, but it is a showcase for the new In Color, Just Jade. I love the new In Colors!
You can very easily adapt this card! Use a different greeting. Use those actual scraps to make this card with straight strips. Use a different color. Use different embossing folders. Or use Designer Series Paper instead of the Just Jade card stock.
Click here for the free detailed directions and watch the video below.
Click the individual products you need or the “Add All to the Cart” button. The links will take you to my online store at Stampin’ Up!
If you are reading this in an email you may not see all the links and images. Click here to see it all online.
If you have ordered from me in the past year, you should have already received a catalog. Email me if you did not get one.
If you have not ordered from me in the past year and you would like a catalog, just pay $5 for shipping and receive $5 credit toward the first time you order through me.
Shop Now and use the Host Code 37AFRSWS, good until June 28th at
2:00 pm Pacific Time. Collect Frequent Shopper Rewards for free products from me.
I’d be honored to be your demonstrator!