Thank you for hopping over from Carolyn Bennett’s page! She is one of the “famous” demonstrators and for her to even notice me has been amazing. I was truly honored she asked me to join this Creative Blog Hop. Thank you Carolyn!!!
I don’t know who started this hop, but it’s a lot of fun. Part of the plan is for each person to answer the same four questions as a way of introduction.
See more of this project below.
- What are you working on?
- The Occasions catalog and Sale-a-bration brochure came out just a few weeks ago. I am having a lot of fun exploring the products I have received. I couldn’t wait to try B.Y.O.P, the Butterfly Basics Bundle, Chalkboard Paper with ChalkBox ink pads, and Stacked with Love Designer Series Paper. Like many, I adore the Lotus Blossom set.
- How does your work differ from others in your genre?
- I don’t think I have a particular “style” of cards or boxes. I like to experiment and try new things.
- I like helping new crafters get started. One way I’ve done that is with my Getting Started Challenge where I select a few great products and see how many different projects as I can make with them.
- I also like trying new techniques and fancy folds. I am constantly reminding myself to keep it simple for my customers. My very favorite thing is to find or create projects that look complicated and turn out to be very simple.
- I like technology and organization, so you will find lots of ways I share those things on my website.
- Why do you create what you do?
- First of all, I’m a lifelong crafter. I love using paper products to create projects to decorate my home and to make cards to send to my friends and family. I love that I can create something lovely and complete it in just a few minutes. I love technology, so I use my computer to help me create projects and share them on my website. I am a retired teacher and I love sharing creativity at my Paper Play Days. So you see that the Stampin’ Up! philosophy Inspire, Create, Share is a perfect fit!
- How does your creative process work?
- OK. I admit it. I spend way too much time on Pinterest. But I almost never totally CASE (Copy And Share Everything) anything. I look for new layouts and sometimes color combinations.
- I really try to make the most of the coordinating products from Stampin’ Up! I created a searchable list of supplies in Evernote (a free program to help with organization). I do most of my planning at my computer using Evernote and my paper samplers to find all the products that might go together.
- I usually start with the stamp set. For instance, I recently made a card with Shine like stars in the universe from Banner Blessings.
- I used Evernote to find my Banner Framelits, the Confetti Stars punch, Lucky Stars Textured Impressions™ folder and the star punch in Itty Bitty Accents punch pack.
- I use my paper sampler to decide on my color combination. In this case, I wanted to try the new Chalkboard Paper, so I look decided to try that the Aquamarine ColorBox Chalk Ink Pad.
- I had already checked to see what Stampin’ Up!® color is similar and had that in Evernote. It is very close to Bermuda Bay, so that’s what I used for my card base. Evernote also reminded me that I have the Bermuda Bay ⅛” Taffeta Ribbon, so I used that to mimic the ribbon on the stamp.
- Toss in a bit of shine with Silver Glimmer Paper and the card has planned itself!
Next I’d like to introduce you to two more bloggers.
I don’t know these ladies personally, but I definitely lovee what I’ve seen of their work!
Wendy Cranford – I pinned Wendy’s method of tracing a border around a punch and have looked a bit around her website. She does wonderful work! This is one of her recent creations. Check out Wendy’s blog on Monday, January 26th here.
Beth Fairweather – She spotted my Blendabillities Box and when she shared her version, she linked to my website. I looked back to her website and loved what I saw there! I just love her Origami 3D Scalloped Circle Punch Flower! I can’t wait to see what Beth posts on Monday, January 26th here.
I love your card, Bev! I am really looking forward to posting next week as part of the hop, what a fun idea!
Thank You so much for the mention! I truly appreciate it! I will be following your blog to pick up more techie tips!
Thanks for sharing your blog with me! Isn’t it great participating in this different type of blog hop! Your entry came out great! One of these days I hope to take on doing a video!