You will fall in love with the Painted Poppies stamp set! I know I did. I have already made quite a few projects with this stamp set. For this card, I used the Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper, the black circle piece from the Painted Poppies Elements over a swirl of ribbon, and bright red poppy. On my stamped poppy, I could have carefully colored leaves and flowers, but I just used the stamps in the set. It was very quick and easy!
You will have lots of choices for this project, allowing you to make this card without a die cutting machine by using the Painted Poppies Elements or you could go all out with the whole Peaceful Poppies Suite.
- I stamped the flowers, but you could certainly use one of the elements that come with the circle.
- Stamp the flowers cut with the Painted Labels Dies that are in my card kit, stamp and cut your own, or go all out with the Poppy Moments Dies.
- I wasn’t sure I would have enough of the black circles for the customers that came to my class, so I went searching through my stamp sets using Evernote. I searched for the “stamps” tag and “circle” in the search box. I own 11 stamp sets with a circle. I looked at each of those and found a perfect alternative for the circle element, the circle image from Painted Glass is very similar and the perfect size! So I stamped some Basic Black card stock with Versa Mark ink, dusted it with Clear Stampin’ Emboss Powder, heated it with the Heat Tool, then punched it out with the 2 1/4″ Circle Punch. I think you’ll see that in future cards!
- Stamp the color on the poppies and leaves, or color them with Stampin’ Blends, ink and an Aqua Painter, or cut out the flowers on some of the Designer Series Paper.
- I used the Happy Birthday stamp from Peaceful Moments, but you could also use Thank you, Congratulations, or With deepest sympathy from that set. I just love the size and font! You may already have a greeting set you can use.
- Use the label die (There’s one in my card kit.) or just use a 1″ wide strip of Whisper White card stock and flag the ends.
Click here for the free detailed directions and watch the video below.
Order the card kit from me. You can order supplies for one card. But you will save some of the costs of packaging and shipping when you order supplies for 6 cards. When you order supplies for 6 cards, it’s just $3.33 per card. Kit is no longer available.
Click the individual products you need or the “Add All to the Cart” button. The links will take you to my online store at Stampin’ Up!
Here are some optional products from Stampin’ Up! that you might want.
And if you are not getting the card kit from my, here are the links for the products in the kit.
If you are reading this in an email you may not see all the links and images. Click here to see it all online.
Request the 2019-2020 annual catalog – Pay $5 for shipping and receive $5 credit toward your first order.
Shop Now and use the Host Code S7JT24VD, good until February 15th at
10:00 pm Pacific Time. Collect Frequent Shopper Rewards for free products from me.
Click here to get Paper Pumpkin kits delivered to your house each month.
Join my team! Save Money or Make Money
Get your Taggers, Paper Sampler, and Designer Series Paper storage bags here. You will also find a link to order the Bow Maker from Gidget.
Click here to share my 2019-2020 Current Products Evernote Notebook, a searchable catalog.
I’d be honored to be your demonstrator!